May 23, 2011

Skyscraper National Park

~Too busy
Too crazy
Too hot
Too cold
Too late
I'm sold
Again
On NYC~

Thursday
As always, the greyhound was a pleasure. Raquel and I spent 5 wonderful hours in a bus which smelt suspiciously like urine. However, looking around wondering who is sitting in the pee seat is always entertaining. Unlike my last greyhound experience, they have become much more technologically advanced and now have free wifi!...this would have been much more enjoyable if staring at my computer screen didn't keep making me feel bus sick. But whats a greyhound ride without the smell of urine and holding back vomit? ... I think we grew a little closer from the experience ;) 

After a lovely dinner at a restaurante espaƱol (note: my Facebook informs you of my new found spanglish roots), we made our first venture to Times Square. This was Raquels first time... so naturally we went straight to Hershey's world and ate our body weight in chocolate, and for the second time that day, i found myself holding back vomit.



Friday
Friday was a Soho shopping day. While the purchasing part of the shopping day was non-existent, it was a wonderful walk. When we reached the end of the stores, we made a little detour and walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. Such amazing views... I felt like Miranda on Sex and the City looking for my Steve ;) .. yeah, i went there.




(This is where the Sex and the City magic happened!)
(I think they lost their keys and just kept buying new locks)

After making our way through China Town to get to Little Italy, we had a very romantic dinner for two. Little Italy is very cute and filled with people who look suspiciously like mafia members.

Saturday
It you ever want to see the two extremes of life, go to Central Park. Such a beautiful park completely surrounded by sky scrapers. I'm in love :)





Sunday

Due to monumental blisters and aches in places we weren’t aware aches could exist, Sunday was our day of rest. We had a nice sleep in and then ventured out at around lunchtime. 
There’s always something going on in this city! Today we found ourselves wondered though a small South American/Spanish/Latino/Spanglish/Mexican Festival.



While on our day of rest we vowed not to walk large distances because we didn’t want to be cripples before the exchange group arrived, of course, it turned into another walking day. We began our adventure in Times Square and made our way through West Village. We were told to keep an eye out for famous people in this area... they lied, there was no one!... There's always Hollywood though!!! 

Monday
Today, Victor and Bart arrive from Boston :) ...Of course, check-out from our hostel was at 11am and check-in to our apartment isn't until 3pm... I am currently sat in a Cocoa Bar surrounded by our luggage eating a muffin and stealing internet waiting for check-in time... I wonder how long we can stay here until we get kicked out :s 


Until next time xx

No comments:

Post a Comment