Apr 20, 2011

waste days in foreign places

Another day another dollar ~ Regrettably sticking with Philadelphia as my American sporting team of choice has lost me yet another dollar to mr. Birtles at the Buffalo Sabres Vs Philadelphia Flyers ice hokey game.  Phillies just keep breaking my little heart (the first time being the Superbowl when I was forced to part with my first dollar). The game, however, was amazing. It was pushed into over time to see the Sabres win their way into the playoffs. Although I had to let go of a whole dollar, it was great to see the home team win and the atmosphere buzz... Americans take these things a little too seriously... they don't even introduce the opposition into the rink... I would have hated to see their already unstable moods worsen with a loss.



While there wasn't a massive turkey leg to make the American sporting experience just a little more awesome, there was a miniature blimp!! This was of course the non-sporting highlight to my sporting experience.


Having been in Buffalo for 3 months now (we just had our anniversary), I have somehow managed to avoid seeing the actual CDB/city/downtown area. This makes sending Buffalo postcards rather awkward... Yes, I'm sending postcards of stuff I've never seen... its on the to do list... HOWEVER, we did drive passed it on the way to the Sabres match :) ...baby steps. 



Spring is in the air ~ I was going to write about how Spring was finally here and how warm it has been over the last few weeks, but in true Buffalo style, the weather has had a bit of a mood swing and the next 3 days will be filled with snow.... but here are some photos of the warmer days when the campus came to life ... I'm sure the sun will be back soon.





For my horror movie lovin' gals ~ Welcome to the view from my door… the abandoned psychiatric ward across the road. Yes, you did in fact read correctly… the abandoned, completely deserted, empty, spooky as shit psychiatric ward.
When we first arrived, we were told that Leatherface, (for the uneducated people, the guy from chainsaw massacre) was here for a short time. Being America, I suppose this is completely possible, but my googling skills are yet to provide any evidence of this… I am however choosing to believe it anyway, because lets admit, that would be freaking awesome.
It has apparently been closed since the early 1970’s (no I didn’t just google that… geez) and is almost impossible to get into as it is not only boarded up, but has alarms throughout it… im still tempted to give it a go though!





 ...and yes, i went out on multiple days in different weather so you could appreciate its true awesomeness.

Anywho, thats all from me for now.
Later Skater

No comments:

Post a Comment